Friday, July 27, 2012

Amber and Alex

First of all, my apologies for the delayed updates in blogging. I was at youth camp where blogging was not an option. So here we go, from last Saturday...

There were a couple people from America coming in for the camp, and Saturday and Sunday nights I would be sharing a room with one of them. That's pretty much all I knew. Saturday morning when I woke up, AnnaRose and Jessica had both already left the hostel. The room looked empty. After I had packed my things and moved them out, it looked even emptier, with only Jessica's things left there.

The Millers picked me up, the two Americans already with them. I was introduced to Amber and Alex from Maine. We headed to the church to meet Rasika, a Lithuanian lady who goes to Vilnius Slovinimo Namai and is a certified tour guide. She would be giving Amber and Alex a tour that day, since the next day would be church, and then we would all be at camp near Trakai. We started the day off right, with prayer and worship, and I thought it was a wonderful way to begin the next little section of my journey (no longer studying, but now in preparation for camp).

After getting something to eat, Rasika, Amber, Alex, and I walked around old town Vilnius, a place I've become used to and now know my way around. We saw the Cathedral, the Palace of the Grand Dukes, Gediminas Tower, St. Anne's Church, Stikliu where the Jewish Ghetto used to be, Vilnius University, the Gates of Dawn, Town Hall, and ended our tour at the KGB Museum, where I hadn't been yet. It was quite gruesome, and I now completely understand why Shasta and Tony said when they take people there, they feel sick afterwards.

We finished the night out with spending time together, everyone chatting, including Toby, the Millers' dog.
Amber and I were sharing the guest bedroom at the Millers' house, and we started a pretty good friendship. We stayed up for a long time just talking, as girls do. Although I had been surrounded with a bunch of girls before, it was comforting to have another church girl, and one from the States too, to talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment